AIMS OF THE MiD NETWORK
- To improve the quality of life of people with dementia and their carers (both informal and formal carers)
- To raise awareness of how music can be implemented into care settings for people living with dementia
- To raise local awareness of what music groups/activities are on offer for people with dementia and their carers
- To connect people working within the field of music and/or dementia
- To identify gaps in provisions specifically in relation to less well-served communities.
- To engage with researchers to develop research proposals and support grant applications.
Music in Dementia (MiD) is a Managed Innovation Network supported by Nottingham University Institute of Mental Health in conjunction with Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust.